24760 Hospital Drive
P. O. Box 497
Red Lake, MN 56671
218-679-3912 Main Phone
• You have the right to be informed (About patient Rights)
• You have the right to know about your diagnosis and treatment
• You have the right to exercise your rights (Complaints and Grievances)
• You have the right to courteous treatment
• You have the right to have your questions answered
• You have the right to know your Doctors name
• You have the right to be free from mental or physical abuse
• You have the right to be involved in planning your care
• You have the right to respect of your individuality
• You have the right to have your pain assessed and managed
• You havethe right to privacy
• You have the right to speak privately with family and friends
• You have the right to request that information regarding your identity be kept confidential
• You have the right to be free from restraint or seclusion of any form, imposed as ameans of coercion, discipline, convenience, or retaliation by staff. Restraint or seclusion may only be imposed to ensure immediate physical safety of the patient, astaff member, or others and must be discontinued at the earliest possible time.
Patient's Responsibilities are:
To follow hospital rules, be courteous and respectful to the staff and other patients, and to be understanding when faced with reasonable and necessary delays.
To make your needs known clearly, and to ask if you do not understand your nedicai.problems, treatment, or care including when you will be seen again
To ask questions about, what you sign (so you can make informed decisions), and to ask not only the name of your health care worker, but how each person is involved in your care.
To let us know of your dissatisfaction.
The Patient Bill of Rights includes 22 overall Patients Rights.
Ask your health care provider il you have questions or want more information or a copy of the Minnesota Patient's Bill of Rights.
Or visit the Minnesota Department of Health's Web site to download the Patient's Bill of Rights.